Questions from this Wednesday’s trivia night at Rebel:
1. Which actor played the following characters: Billy Hoyle, Roy Munson, and Mickey Knox? Bonus points if you can name the movies in which those characters appeared.
2. In which movie were the Baldwin brothers bombed? Bonus point if you can name the country that bombed the brothers, causing the United States to declare war against it.
3. What TV show popularized the phrase, “Let’s hug it out, bitch”?
4. Besides Seinfeld (#1), what was the other show in TV Guide’s Top Ten TV Shows of All Time that debuted in the 1990′s?
5. The Cubs signed which former Tampa Bay outfielder this week, when his contract with the Kansas City Royals expired?
6. In the 2008-2009 season, which team led the NFL by sending 7 players to the Pro Bowl? Bonus points if you can name the players.
7. Whose jersey is this? (Described to us as blue, orange, and white)
8. Who is regarded as the father of Protestantism?
9. What was the last of the 13 colonies to ratify the U.S. Constitution? What was the next state after the original 13?
10. Which brand of lager, a Molson product that is the best-selling beer in the U.K. and in South Africa, is best known for its slogan, “Hey Mabel, Black Label!”?
Answers after the jump.
1. Woody Harrelson played Billy Hoyle in White Men Can’t Jump, Roy Munson in Kingpin, and Mickey Knox in Natural Born Killers
2. Gary Sheffield South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut; Canada
4. The Sopranos (#6)
5. Joey Gathright
6. New York Jets; Brett Favre, Alan Faneca, Kris Jenkins, Thomas Jones, Nick Mangold, Darrelle Revis, Leon Washington
7. Dan Marino
8. Gary Sheffield Martin Luther
9. Rhode Island; Vermont