Questions from this week’s Rocks trivia night:
1. In which state did Joseph Smith, prophet of the Mormon religion, find the Golden Plates? Bonus point if you can name the city.
2. Last week, Greenpeace dumped 5 tons of what product in front of the agriculture building in Paris in protest?
3. The title character of the television show Chuck works in which store? Bonus point if you can name the department in which he works.
4. For what last name is the nickname “Ponch” from the TV show CHiPs short?
5. Beijing beat which 4 other finalist cities to host the 2008 Summer Olympics?
6. Which NHL team has never lost a Stanley Cup round?
7. Name the title and artist of this song.
8. Name the title and artist of this song.
9. What is the full name of the officer who became Robocop?
10. Name the author and title of the short story on which the movie Maximum Overdrive is based.
11. In which year did the following events occur: Churchill resigns as prime minister, Disneyland opens, the Brooklyn Dodgers beat the NY Yankees in the World Series, and Richard J. Daley defeats Martin Kennelly to become mayor of Chicago.
Answers after the jump.
1. New York; Manchester
2. Tuna fish heads
3. Buy More; The Nerd Herd
5. Toronto, Paris, Istanbul, Osaka
6. Tampa Bay Lighning
7. “Plowed” by Sponge
8. “Diary of Jane” by Breaking Benjamin
9. Alex Murphy
10. “Trucks” by Stephen King