I’m taking a break from my holiday shopping to offer up some great Black Friday trivia.
Did you know that:
- Black Friday is not usually busiest shopping day of the year. #1 is normally the Saturday prior to Christmas. (Woah. That just blew my mind.)
- The earliest known reference to “Black Friday” was on November 29, 1975 in a Philadelphia newspaper.
- The Monday after Thanksgiving is known as Cyber Monday– typically one of the biggest days for online shopping.
- The concept of using a card for purchases was described in 1887 by Edward Bellamy in his utopian novel Looking Backward.
- The credit card we know today was invented in 1950 by Ralph Schneider and Frank McNamara, founders of Diners Club.
Happy shopping from Here Comes Treble!